Requirements for International Students Under 18

To be granted a student visa, applicants must demonstrate that they have adequate welfare arrangements in place for the length of the student visa or until they turn 18 years of age. They can do this by demonstrating that they will be accompanied by a parent or legal custodian, a suitable relative or that the student’s education provider approves the arrangements for the student’s accommodation, support and general welfare. This is done when the education provider issues a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter. If you have not turned 18 on the 1st of July 2018 when your tenancy starts, we need to receive the CAAW from your educational provider so that we can accommodate you in our property. Please follow up directly with the educational provider of your choice to ensure that they approve of The Student Housing Company for your accommodation requirements.