Work for us
We want friendly, proactive and outgoing staff to deliver industry-leading levels of customer interaction. What does that actually mean? Well, when something goes wrong we don’t want sweet-talk or cover ups. We want someone who will smile, be honest about the problem and get it fixed. We’re a growing company, with big plans for the future. Having students as our customers means we work for some of the most interesting, vibrant and friendly people in the world.
As we are part of the GSA (Global Student Accommodation) family, we have plenty of job opportunities around the world. If you like what you see and think that we would fit you like a glove, please click here to see all of our vacancies.
Student Brand Ambassadors
The Student Housing Company is currently on the hunt for Student Brand Ambassadors! If you’re a student living in Melbourne, we’d love to hear from you! Click below to find out more about our Ambassador Program.
Community Ambassadors – Currently accepting expressions of interest for opportunities in 2019
The Student Housing Company will change the way accommodation in Australia is provided for students, raising people’s expectations about service, quality and communication. We want students to find renting a room from us incredibly easy and we want them to feel safe, comfortable and looked after. We want their parents to have peace of mind and we want the students to recommend us to other people.
We’re a growing company, with big plans for the future. Having students as our customers means we work for some of the most interesting, vibrant and friendly people in the world.
We want genuine, to the point, creative, fun and engaging staff to deliver industry-leading levels of customer interaction. What does that actually mean? Well, when something goes wrong we don’t want sweet-talk or cover ups. We want someone who will smile, be honest about the problem and get it fixed. We want to build lasting friendships and if one of our resident’s needs help, we want someone that will care as if they were a member of their own family.
An exceptional student experience depends on an exceptional employee experience. We are passionate about providing an environment that supports and encourages each of our people on their journey.
Our purpose is to make a REAL difference in student’s lives.
Your role will see you reporting to the Community Manager and working in a team of Community Ambassadors who deliver administration and support services to our student residents. You will work closely with the Community Manager and our management team to deliver an outstanding residential experience. The role requires the person to work on a rotating roster, including morning, afternoon and weekend shifts.
• Effectively deliver all administrative duties as per the position description;
• Provide further operational support as required to achieve business objectives;
• Actively participate in and control each of the 9 pillars of our student Wellbeing Program;
• Ensure a positive impression of the site is created for all prospective customers, parents and clients through the provision of excellent customer service, comprehensive tours, the delivery of consistent and persuasive sales messages and timely follow up procedures
• Ensure compliance with prevailing operational legislation, including data protection and privacy
The above is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to perform different tasks as required by your changing role within TSHC and our overall business objectives.
• European or Asian language/s (desirable)
• Strong customer service skills
• An outgoing and confident personality
• Ability to handle sensitive issues
• Influencing skills and a professional outlook on challenging issues
• Willingness to get involved in social functions
• High level of problem solving ability and teamwork
• Successful attainment of a National Police Check and a Working with Children check
HOW TO APPLY:
Prepare a 30 second video telling us why you want to work with us at The Student Housing Company. Send this along with your resume to:
Operations Manager, Melbourne
We are currently accepting expressions of interest for opportunities in 2019.
Candidates that demonstrate an understanding of our brand and alignment to our purpose will be invited to attend a group interview session.
Latest From Our Blog
June 6, 2019 by tiametaxas