Thinking of studying in Sydney? As it turns out, so are a lot of people! Ranking as the world’s fifth most liveable city for 2018 according to The Economist, Australia’s largest city is also its most popular with international students, who come for its summer sun, beautiful beaches, laid-back lifestyle and buzzing city hub.
But it’s not just the stellar quality of life that puts Sydney on the student map. Five Sydney universities have been listed in this year’s QS World University Rankings, and there are a number of excellent private institutions and colleges to choose from depending on your area of study.
So where are the top study destinations in Sydney, and what makes them special?
- The University of Sydney (USYD)
- The University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Macquarie University
- Western Sydney University
- The University of Notre Dame
- Australian Film, Television and Radio School (AFTRS)
- National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA)
- National Art School (NAS)
- Whitehouse Institute of Design